Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted
Asian College of Teachers (ACT) offers you an advanced course - Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted in academic collaboration with Fort Hays State University (FHSU) that is aimed at teachers and educators willing to gain proficiency in the field of special education and enhance their career prospects. It is also applicable for those looking forward to upgrade their knowledge as a SEN educator and is aiming for a higher role with greater responsibilities in institutions across the world.
The advanced course emphasises the potentially varied techniques in dealing and handling ‘gifted’ children. The term ‘gifted’ refers to those children whose abilities and potentiality are comparatively higher than their peers. Children may be ‘gifted’ in various or specific areas like creativity, intellectuality, leadership, language development, and educational subjects like mathematics, science, or arts. The adults and the teachers alike must see to it that the gifted children are provided with the greatest amount of care, affection and guidance to make them realise their ability and to help them in achieving greater goals in life.
- Duration of the course is between 1 year and 5 years
- Each semester is of 3 ½ months duration
- Online course is flexible enough to be pursued from any corner of the globe
Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is another contemporary course that is apt for the modern day teachers who has the possibilities in facing ‘gifted’ learners in the classroom. Gifted and talented children are provided with the same and regular syllabi in education life which is quite non-motivating and monotonous. The detailed course emphasises on preparing aspiring candidates like you with the learning models which are interesting for the students to catch their concentration. The Master degree course is a thorough one comprising of detailed facts regarding handling the gifted learners in an effective manner. It also acquaints you with the management and educational approaches which will aid in creating a successful career in the global market. The chief aim of the course is to produce future educators able to contribute significantly to the organisations they work for. The online mode of the course allows enough flexibility to the students to pursue it at their convenient pace from any part of the globe.
- Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is a long term Master Degree course
- Minimum educational criterion is a Bachelor’s Degree
- Both aspiring and experienced teachers can pursue this online course
- The following needs to be provided for English Language Proficiency:
- Minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 213 on the computer based, 550 on the paper-based test, or 79 on the Internet-based test. Applicant must request testing centre to send official score results to FHSU.
- Overall band score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Applicant must request testing centre to send official score results to FHSU.
- Verification of English as native language 3 o Evidence of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education
- Documentation of completion of an approved intensive English language program.
Students must complete the above course requirements as well as meet these requirements:
- Complete the candidacy form (This is done after 9 hours have been completed and before 15 hours have been completed).
- Submit intent to graduate before the deadline according to the calendar posted on the FHSU website.
- This deadline is usually in the first or second week of the students’ last semester.
- Program of study GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Pass comprehensive exams.
The minimum eligibility for enrolling in the Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted course is a Bachelor’s Degree. Teachers looking forward to gain complete knowledge in field of special education teaching methods for Gifted Children or to enhance their present skills in order to excel in the said arena of Education in institutes across the world.
If you are looking for a successful career in the field of Special Education globally, and simultaneously looking for a Master degree program, this course is apt for you. The certification received from FHSU after successful completion of the course will benefit you in taking your career to the next step and helps you in building a truly international career in the education sector.
- Course is available in online mode
- Payment to be done semester wise depending on how many subjects (credits) candidates select
Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is an online course targeted at a niche audience willing to become certified in Special Education to handle talented children who are gifted with abilities in various sectors, it is priced at 6 lacs INR / 9300 USD (all inclusive). Payments will be semester wise depending on how many subjects (credits) the candidates choose.
- AEP 803 Educational Research
- SPED 802 Theories of Exceptionalities and Diversity
- SPED 804 Behaviour Management in Schools
- SPED 805 Assessment and Lab in Special Education
- SPED 806 Materials and Methods for Exceptional Children
- SPED 810 Technology in Special Education
- SPED 811 Characteristics of Early Childhood Special Education
- SPED 852 Educational Strategies: Gifted
- SPED 861 Vocational/Transition Education
- SPED 859 Practical Collaboration & Consult: Gifted
Credit for prior learning courses
- AEP 880 Cultural Diversity
- SPED 801 Legal Issues in Special Education
Candidates after successfully completing their course will, receive certification from Fort Hays State University, helping them with their employment opportunities and boosting their job prospects around the world.
- Easy admission process
- Application can be submitted online
- Opt for any of our online payment scheme
If you are looking to start your teaching career with Gifted Students with or without Special Needs, pursue this course in collaboration with FHSU, Kansas. For enrolment, you need to fill up an Online Application Form with all your necessary information and your accurate contact information. After successfully submitting the form, you will receive the course details via email and phone call from ACT’s Admission department. You will be mailed all the course fee details once your enrolment is confirmed. The course fee can be done through online payment using Debit / Credit Card or by Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft. Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive Online Admission Form via email which must be filled and submitted in order to receive online access to the course.
If you are looking for a global career in the field of Education, especially for teaching and handling Gifted Students, tutoring SEN children, then pursuing this course will pave new ways for you in various institutes and organisations across the globe. There are plenty of opportunities for Special Educators who are also competent in handling Gifted Students with an internationally accepted training certificate.
Successful candidates holding a Master degree in the appropriate subject are able to teach students in classrooms, act as co-ordinators, counsellors or even help in developing course curriculum/educational plan/material in schools and other institutes that accommodates learners of all varied abilities. The course provided to you in collaboration with FHSU, will ensure that your candidature gets priority in top institutes around the world and you get the option to venture in to the field of research.
- Complete academic support throughout the course
- Candidates can learn at own pace
- Study materials are available online
As you enrol with us for the course- Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted, connect with the e-structors and expect complete guidance from the experienced Academic Support Team of Fort Hays State University (FHSU) who is dedicated to assist you and help you to achieve your learning goals. The tutors provide complete support to the candidates with their queries and doubts and guide them through all the aspects, advising them whenever they need some. They extend their tutoring support by sharing relevant information and answering your queries related to the course content. Since the course offers flexible learning, you can take the opportunity to learn at your own pace and opt for any kind of assistance whenever you need any.
All the teacher training courses offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) are accredited by international organizations and bodies of repute. The academic partnership between ACT and FHSU will provide the students with valuable exposure, embedding requisite knowledge and developing experience for better employment.
FHSU which began its first academic session in 1902 is a progressive, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest comprising of 15,000 enrolled students and offering certificate and degree programs at the associate, bachelor's and master's levels through 31 academic departments. The University also offers a Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree.